The latest updates on FOSSweb by date:
- New Spanish Word Wall cards for Grades 2 and 5. Spanish-version Word Wall cards are now available for Grs. 2-5 modules. PDFs with module word wall words, sorted by investigation and part, are available under the "Materials and Kit Information" node on FOSSweb. These conceptual words will complement the existing equipment photo cards for the module.
The Spanish versions of these documents are now available for the following modules:
- Solids and Liquids
- Pebbles, Sand, and Silt
- Insects and Plants
- Mixtures and Solutions
- Earth and Sun
- Living Systems
- New interactive Student Resources Books (SRBs) App version for two middle school courses: 11/29/18
The interactive Electromagnetic Force and Waves are available on the FOSS Science app. Go to your module detail page for more information on the FOSS Science eBook app.
- New Spanish Word Wall cards for Grades 3 and 4. PDFs with module word wall words, sorted by investigation and part, are now available under the "Materials and Kit Information" node on FOSSweb. These conceptual words will complement the existing equipment photo cards for the module. The Spanish versions of these documents are now available for the following modules:
- Motion and Matter
- Water and Climate
- Structures of Life
- Soils, Rocks, and Landforms
- New interactive Student Resources Books (SRBs) for three middle school courses:
- Electromagnetic Force
- Human Systems Interactions
The interactive Human Systems Interactions SRB is available on the FOSS Science app. Be on the lookout for Electromagnetic Force and Waves app versions coming soon! Go to your module detail page for more information on the FOSS Science eBook app.
- Sense-Making Posters Now Available for Download! Sense-making posters help establish norms for a culture of productive talk in the classroom that supports engagement in the science and engineering practices. More information available here.
- Updated multimedia for use on Safari and iPads:
- Food Webs (in Environments)
- Periodic Table (in Chemical Interactions and Mixtures and Solutions)
- You asked and we listened! Self-registered teachers now have the ability to upload up to 150 students into a class using a simple CSV file. The template has four columns:
Go to your teacher page and scroll to any class with individual student accounts. You should now see an "Upload Students" option to the right of "Manage Students." A few considerations are listed on the upload page but a complete walkthrough is available in our Self-Registered Teacher User Guide.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email (not required to be a functional address, we recommend using all lowercase)
- Password (must be 8 characters)
Assessment coding guides will change as updates are made. No reprints will be made for existing customers. Teachers need to download the most current assessment masters and coding guides from FOSSweb.
We’re pleased to announce some exciting changes to our FOSSweb online content portal for the 2018-2019 school year! Schools and districts will now have the option to create accounts for individual students, unlocking new features for added flexibility.
New Features for Classes with Student Accounts:
- Assign select content to individual students for differentiation or absence make-up
- Enhanced eBook functionality allows notetaking, highlighting, annotating, and more
- Access the new FOSSmap online assessment platform, including district-level reporting for SIS districts
New features for ALL FOSSweb users:
- Show/hide select content to the entire class
- Additional Spanish resources available for K-8 module and courses
- New Planning Guides offer support and strategies for integrating modules
- Additional strategies for three-dimensional learning
- Streamlined access to technical and program support
- Expanded middle school Teacher Prep Video library
For a more in-depth look at these features, visit the Delta website
For tutorials on FOSSweb registration, activating modules, and creating class accounts, visit our FOSSweb Walkthrough Videos page.
General FOSS Program Information www.FOSSweb.com www.DeltaEducation.com/FOSS
Developers at the Lawrence Hall of Science email@example.com
Customer Service at Delta Education www.DeltaEducation.com/contact.aspx Phone: 1-800-258-1302, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. ET
FOSSweb Tech Support firstname.lastname@example.org
FOSSweb and FOSSmap Content Support support@FOSSweb.com
Professional development www.FOSSweb.com/Professional-Development
Safety issues www.DeltaEducation.com/resources/msds Phone: 1-800-258-1302, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. ET For chemical emergencies, contact Chemtrec 24 hours per day. Phone: 1-800-424-9300
Sales and Replacement Parts www.DeltaEducation.com/FOSS/buy Phone: 1-800-338-5270, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. ET