The latest updates on FOSSweb by date:
- New Next Generation Variables and Design Interactive eInvestigations Guide
- Addition of Adminstrators' Toolbox to Implementation Tools in the top menu
- New Spanish teaching slides for Grade 3 Next Generation modules
- Motion and Matter
- Structures of Life
- Water and Climate
- New Interactive eBook for Next Generation Variables and Design course
- New Family and Community page with FAQs for K-8 families and community members
- Updated FOSSweb District-Registered Teacher User Guide
- New Spanish teaching slides for Grade 4 Next Generation modules.
- Soils, Rocks, and Landforms
- Resources by Investigations for Grs. 1-5 Next Generation modules are updated to include the © 2018 Next Generation teaching slides in place of the © 2015 interactive white board files.
- Updated coding guides for the interim assessments in Next Generation Grs. 3-5 modules. If students take the interim assessments on FOSSmap, you will need to enter a numerical code, rather than the current text to code each item. For example, if you think the student's response "meets standards" you will enter a "3" when you code the item in FOSSmap.
Currently, students can take the interim assessments on FOSSmap, but the full set of reports are still under construction. More interim assessments, to provide a complete set to match the PEs at each grade level are under development, so look for new ones next school year!
Assessment coding guides will change as updates are made. No reprints will be made for existing customers. Teachers need to download the most current assessment masters and coding guides from FOSSweb.
We’re pleased to announce some exciting changes to our FOSSweb online content portal for the 2018-2019 school year! Schools and districts will now have the option to create accounts for individual students, unlocking new features for added flexibility.
New Features for Classes with Student Accounts:
- Assign select content to individual students for differentiation or absence make-up
- Enhanced eBook functionality allows notetaking, highlighting, annotating, and more
- Access the new FOSSmap online assessment platform, including district-level reporting for SIS districts
New features for ALL FOSSweb users:
- Show/hide select content to the entire class
- Additional Spanish resources available for K-8 module and courses
- New Planning Guides offer support and strategies for integrating modules
- Additional strategies for three-dimensional learning
- Streamlined access to technical and program support
- Expanded middle school Teacher Prep Video library
For a more in-depth look at these features, visit the Delta website
For tutorials on FOSSweb registration, activating modules, and creating class accounts, visit our FOSSweb Walkthrough Videos page.