The latest updates on FOSSweb by date:
- New teaching slides for Next Generation Grade 1 modules. Teaching slides are now available for Grades K-8.
- Separate teacher and student log in tabs have been replaced with a single "User Login" tab. All users (teachers, common classes, and individual students) use this one login.
- Teaching slides now available for © 2018 Next Generation Grades 2-3 modules. Teaching slides are available for Grades K and 2-5.
- Spanish translations available for Next Generation and Second Editions Middle School Populations and Ecosystems multimedia, Ecosystems.
Clever rostering is almost here! We are piloting the integration and onboarding process with two districts ahead of the 2019-2020 school year. Districts that requested rostering for 2018-2019 will be onboarded first over the summer. Other districts can request to be added to the rostering wait list via the Contact Us form. Select “Rostering Issue or Request” then “Request district SIS rostering.”
- Single sign-on will be available for any districts who ultimately roster with FOSSweb via Clever
- You will now see a blue “Log in with Clever” option on the login page for single sign-on. Rostered districts will also be able to access FOSSweb through their Clever portals.
- Clever SSO will only work if your district is rostered with FOSSweb using Clever (limited availability for the 2019-2020 school year). A clever used from an un-rostered district will be able to log in via Clever but will receive an error when redirected back to FOSSweb.
- On the login page, separate tabs for teacher and student log in have been combined. All users can now enter their username and password in the same place.
- The second teacher and student login when entering FOSSmap has been removed to accommodate future single sign-on users.
- Our student accounts system can now accept rostering CSV files in either OneRoster 1.0 or OneRoster 1.1 formats, provided that the email address is included for all teacher and administrator users.
- Rostered districts transferring files by SFTP will now have those files automatically validated uploaded overnight. The district SIS or data admin on file will receive either confirmation or error notification via email.
- All new rostered districts will have the initial teacher and class licenses automatically applied. Your School Specialty onboarding specialist will provide the district with a list of purchased modules purchased and request that the district tell us at which grade each module is being used.
- Our Contact Us page has been revised. Please review self-help resources and use the new support request form if you still have questions.
- Fixed a bug that caused saved passwords in Chrome to very briefly become visible when logging in.
Assessment coding guides will change as updates are made. No reprints will be made for existing customers. Teachers need to download the most current assessment masters and coding guides from FOSSweb.
We’re pleased to announce some exciting changes to our FOSSweb online content portal for the 2018-2019 school year! Schools and districts will now have the option to create accounts for individual students, unlocking new features for added flexibility.
New Features for Classes with Student Accounts:
- Assign select content to individual students for differentiation or absence make-up
- Enhanced eBook functionality allows notetaking, highlighting, annotating, and more
- Access the new FOSSmap online assessment platform, including district-level reporting for SIS districts
New features for ALL FOSSweb users:
- Show/hide select content to the entire class
- Additional Spanish resources available for K-8 module and courses
- New Planning Guides offer support and strategies for integrating modules
- Additional strategies for three-dimensional learning
- Streamlined access to technical and program support
- Expanded middle school Teacher Prep Video library
For a more in-depth look at these features, visit the Delta website
For tutorials on FOSSweb registration, activating modules, and creating class accounts, visit our FOSSweb Walkthrough Videos page.