Module Summary – Environments (TX Ed.)
The study of the relationships between one organism and its environment builds knowledge of all organisms. With this knowledge comes an awareness of limits. Such knowledge focus on the concepts that organisms need energy and matter to live and grow, and living organisms depend on one another and on their environment for their survival and the survival of populations. In this module, students will:
- Determine an organism's environmental preferences for various nonliving environmental factors to better understand the environment in which it will survive.
- Observe and record changes in organisms and their environment over time. life cycle.
- Identify and describe ecosystem feeding relationships.
- Use modeling to construct representations of the natural world and make predictions.
- Conduct controlled experiments with organisms to discover their range of tolerance for environmental factors.
- Graph and interpret data from multiple trials from experiments, and build explanations from evidence.
©2014 UC Regents