Module Summary – Energy and Matter (TX Ed.)
The Energy and Matter Module has four investigations that introduce students to tools and procedures for comparing matter in its common states of solid, liquid, and gas. Students explore the multiple forms that matter and energy can take. In this module, students will:
- Explore mechanical, light sound, and heat/thermal energy.
- Observe forces of magnetism and gravity on objects.
- Apply the conventions of measurement—accuracy, position, orientation, and repetition.
- Use tools to make accurate measurements and represent measurements by using numbers and units; use measurement data to construct explanations.
- Plan a procedure, and apply it to solve a problem.
- Use tables and graphs to organize and display data for analysis.
- Weigh materials to confi rm conservation of matter.
- Investigate the relationship between phase change and heating and cooling.
- Make and separate a number of simple mixtures; mix materials to observe solutions and reactions.
©2014 UC Regents