Module Summary – Solids and Liquids (TX Ed.)
The Solids and Liquids Module provides experiences that heighten primary students' awareness, curiosity, and understanding of the physical world and provides opportunities for young students to engage in scientific and engineering practices. Matter with which we interact exists in three fundamental states: solid, liquid, and gas. In this module, students will:
- Investigate, sort, and classify objects based on their properties.
- Observe, describe, and compare the properties and behaviors of solids and liquids. Record observations with pictures, numbers, and words.
- Recognize the properties of solid materials that make them appropriate for tower construction; build towers.
- Observe, describe, and record what happens when solids and water are mixed and when liquids and water are mixed.
- Observe and describe changes when solids and liquids are heated and cooled.
- Investigate how a magnet can be used to push or pull an object.
- Identify how different forms of energy are important to everyday life.
©2014 UC Regents