Module Summary – Fabric (2nd Ed.)
Fabric, a material so often taken for granted, makes a fascinating study for early-childhood students. In the Fabric Module students are introduced to a wide variety of fabrics in a systematic way, so that they become familiar with fabrics' properties, discover what happens when they are tested, and discover how they interact with other materials, including water.
FOSS EXPECTS STUDENTS TO
- Develop a curiosity and interest in the physical world around them.
- Observe and describe the properties of different fabrics.
- Compare different fabrics to discover how they are alike and how they are different.
- Observe interactions of fabric with water and other substances.
- Communicate observations.
- Acquire the vocabulary associated with the properties of fabric.
For a description of each investigation in the Fabric Module and the correlations to the National Science Education Standards, download the Module Overview PDF.
©2014 UC Regents