Last updated: March 11, 2021
Coming Summer 2021: FOSSweb on ThinkLink®
This summer, FOSSweb is moving to a new platform. This move will guarantee you and your students more stable and reliable FOSSweb access, plus many new site features, without changing how you already teach FOSS.
In 2019 we conducted an extensive user experience survey and received feedback from more than 3,500 FOSS teachers. Your feedback informed development of a new home for FOSS digital program resources. You'll be able to access FOSSweb on ThinkLink beginning in the 2021-2022 school year. ThinkLink is a new curriculum platform from School Specialty, built to support easy single sign-on and class management with Clever, Google, and more.
- New Features: An Improved Experience
- Timing and User Migration
- End of Support for Legacy Editions
- Frequently Asked Questions
Over the next 12-24 months, we will be migrating nearly all of School Specialty's Science, ELA, and Math curriculum programs to ThinkLink. If your district is using other core or supplemental programs published by School Specialty you'll be able to access everything in one place.
We know that the stability of the current FOSSweb system hasn't always met your expectations. Along with module content organization improvements, the ThinkLink platform is a significant technology upgrade which provides a more consistent experience for you and your students.
- Rostering options include Clever, ClassLink, OneRoster 1.1, bulk import, manual creation, and self-registration (if enabled by the district)
- Easy single sign-on with Clever, ClassLink, Google, or SAML
- Clever and ClassLink API integration for faster onboarding and more frequent roster updates
- Direct integration with Canvas and Schoology for content access, including deep linking
- LTI 1.1 External Tool access with other compliant LMS
- Scalable cloud hosting with Microsoft Azure for high availability, even during periods of heavy traffic
- Fully WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliant for accessibility
- Additional district-level support capabilities
Throughout the late winter and spring, we will be making more information available to users and their schools and districts. We are actively working on core development through early spring and in the process now of building out content for the FOSS Next Generation, FOSS K-6 Third Edition, and FOSS Middle School Second Edition programs. We anticipate that all active edition users who are not also using legacy editions will access their FOSS digital resources via ThinkLink for the 2021-2022 school year and beyond.
Watch this page and your email for more information on walkthrough webinars, frequently asked questions, and other professional development and transition opportunities this spring. If you have urgent questions, please contact our Educator Success team and select "Moving to ThinkLink" from the issue list.
We will be ending support for the following legacy editions of the FOSS program on July 1, 2022:
- FOSS K-6 Second Edition
- FOSS Middle School First Edition
- FOSS California ©2007
- FOSS Texas ©2013
Print and consumable materials will be available from School Specialty while supplies last but digital content will no longer be accessible after the close of the 2021-2022 school year. Please contact your FOSS sales manager for information about upgrading to the latest FOSS edition. Active users with access codes on their account for these legacy editions will receive additional email communication. Please ensure that @news.schoolspecialty.com is added to your safe senders list for improved delivery.