Hello teachers, students, and families:
FOSS offers a number of ways to get parents involved in their child's science education:
- Download a copy of the Solids and Liquids Home/School Connection PDF in English or Spanish.
- Download a copy of the Solids and Liquids Math Extensions PDF in English and Spanish.
Inside the PDF you'll find
- Letter to Parents
Each FOSS module includes a letter to parents to tell you what your child will be doing in the investigations at school and to share ways that you can develop your child's scientific interests at home.
- Home/School Connections
There are many ways to extend your child's science experiences at home and to have fun together. We have developed a Home/School Connection for each of the four investigations in the Solids and Liquids module. These require little or no materials from home. Young children will need a parent, grandparent, or a big brother or sister to help read the directions and play along. Check them out!
- Investigation 1: Solids—Play I Spy a Solid!
- Investigation 2: Liquids—Describe a household liquid!
- Investigation 3: Bits and Pieces—Drop liquids and small solids on different surfaces!
- Investigation 4: Solids and Liquids with Water—Make scientific salad dressing!