Hello teachers, students, and families:
FOSS offers a number of ways to get parents involved in their child's science education:
- Week 1: Download a copy of the Mixtures and Solutions Home/School Connections Week 1 PDF.
- Download a copy of the Mixtures and Solutions Home/School Connection PDF in English or Spanish.
- Download a copy of the Mixtures and Solutions Math Extensions PDF in English and Spanish.
Inside the PDF you'll find
- Letter to Parents
Each FOSS module includes a letter to parents to tell you what your child will be doing in the investigations at school and to share ways that you can develop your child's scientific interests at home
- Home/School Connections
There are many ways to extend your child's science experiences at home and to have fun together. We have developed a Home/School Connection for four investigations in the Mixtures and Solutions module. These require little or no materials from home.
- Investigation 1: Separating Mixtures—Make an oobleck and explore its properties.
- Investigation 2: Reaching Saturation—Make your own silly putty.
- Investigation 3: Concentration—Grow crystals.
- Investigation 4: Fizz Quiz—Experiment with baking soda.