Hello parents and teachers:
FOSS offers a number of ways to get parents involved in their child’s science education.
- Lo-Tech activities for all Investigations in English or Spanish.
- Week 1: Download a copy of the Animals Two by Two Home/School Connections Week 1 PDF in English or Spanish.
- Week 2: Download a copy of the Animals Two by Two Home/School Connections Week 2 PDF in English or Spanish.
- Week 3: Download a copy of the Animals Two by Two Home/School Connections Week 3 PDF in English or Spanish.
- Week 4: Download a copy of the Animals Two by Two Home/School Connections Week 4 PDF in English or Spanish.
- Everyday Outside Challenge in English or Spanish.
Inside the PDF you'll find:
- Letter to Parents
Each FOSS module includes a letter to parents to tell you what your child will be doing in the investigations at school and to share ways that you can develop your child's scientific interests at home.
- Home/School Connections
There are many ways to extend your child's science experiences at home and to have fun together. We have developed a Home/School Connection for four investigations in the Animals Two by Two module. These require little or no materials from home.
- Investigation 1: Create an optical illusion with a fishbowl image.
- Investigation 2: Students lead their families in a game of Who Am I?, acting out the behaviors of different animals.
- Investigation 3: Families read questions and answers to students about the role of earthworms in the environment. Students cut out and match questions and answers.
- Investigation 4: Students color the animals on the right-hand side of the page. Next they cut them out and glue them on the drawing where each animal lives. Students label one living and one nonliving thing in the picture. They share what they know about these animals with family members.