Energy Station: Candle
This is Energy Station: Candle. These videos are part of the introduction to energy sources.
A candle has two parts, a wick and wax. The wick is a woven strip of cotton. The wax surrounds and holds the wick.
Watch what happens when just a wick burns. This is in real time.
Now watch the two time-lapse videos of a candle burning. The candle took 2 1/2 hours to burn down. One time-lapse video is 20 seconds and the other is 1 minute 15 seconds. Observe each one and then answer the questions below about the burning candle on your notebook sheet.
- What action did you observe?
- What kind of energy caused that action?
- What was the energy source?
- Where was the energy stored?
- What was the stored energy converted into?
- The energy in ________ changed into ________ energy.