Hello parents and teachers:
Download a copy of the Wood and Paper Module Home/School Connection PDF in English or in Spanish. To view or print the Home/School Connection PDF, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader plug-in. Acrobat Reader is available free at https://www.adobe.com.
Inside the PDF you'll find:
- Letter to Parents
Each FOSS module includes a letter to parents to tell you what your child will be doing in the investigations at school and to share ways that you can develop your child's scientific interests at home.
- Home/School Connections
There are many ways to extend your child's science experiences at home and to have fun together. We have developed a Home/School Connection for five investigations in the Wood and Paper Module. These require little or no materials from home.
- Investigation 1: Getting to Know Wood—Play wooden guessing game!
- Investigation 2: Changing Wood—Try to waterlog a stick!
- Investigation 3: Getting to Know Paper—Make a paper drinking cup! (2 pages)
- Investigation 4: Changing Paper—Make a paper-scrap collage!
- Investigation 5: Constructions—Deconstruct a box and construct an envelope! (2 pages)