|Air and Weather Overview
AIR AND WEATHER
The Air and Weather Module consists of four sequential
investigations, each designed to introduce concepts in physical and
earth science. The investigations allow young students to explore
the natural world by using simple tools to observe properties of air
and to measure and monitor change in the weather from day to day
and over the seasons.
FOSS EXPECTS STUDENTS TO
• Develop an interest in air and weather.
• Experience air as a gas that takes up space and can be
compressed into a smaller space.
• Observe the force of air pressure pushing on objects and
• Observe and compare how moving air interacts with
• Observe, describe, and record changes that occur in
weather from day to day and across seasons.
• Learn that the sun warms the land, air, and water.
• Become familiar with instruments used by meteorologists
to monitor and measure air and weather conditions.
• Compare monthly and seasonal weather conditions, using
• Record and communicate data with pictures, numbers, and
words, and graphs.
• Acquire vocabulary associated with properties of air and
| page 1 of 7
jump to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
© 2007 The Regents of the University of California