FOSS CA MATTER AND ENERGY MODULE
Quantities for Multiple-Class Use
• 2 classes/day • 3 classes/day • 4 classes/day • Teacher-Supplied Items • Other
Things to Consider • pdf version
There are enough consumable materials in the Matter and Energy kit
for use with TWO classes of UP TO 32 students on the same day.
To insure that each class has the same experiences, you may
need to purchase the additional materials in the quantities listed in the table below.
The suggested materials can be ordered from Delta Education.
||Delta Part #
||Quantity in package
- Masking tape*
- Paper, two colors*
- Marking pens
- Index cards or scratch paper
- Colored pencils or pens
- Chocolate chips
- Apple or orange (optional)*
- Cardboard (17 cm square)
- Clear plastic sheet protectors (optional)
- Corn syrup (light or dark)*
- Safety goggles
- Chart paper
- Transparent tape
- Paper towels*
- Empty cans or bottles
- Vacuum bottle or coffee pot
- Ice cubes*
- Tennis balls or softballs
- Liquid dishwashing detergent
- Clip-on lamp, additional (optional)
* Consumable item
|OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Duplicate student sheets.
- Plan for room-temperature, hot water, and ice water, as well as ice cubes.
- Some containers must be dried between uses.
- Check thermometers to make sure none are broken.
- Investigation 2, Part 2: Apples and oranges are used in an optional investigation.